Wow! This was a great night! Every fall they have The Great Forest Park Balloon Race in Forest Park. In the past we would be on the way home from picking apples, and, we would look to see if we could spot any hot air balloons. This year we decided to go down to Forest Park the Friday night before the race for their annual balloon glow. We drove down and met Catherine at the history museum there in Forest Park. We walked through the Katherine Dunham: Beyond the Dance exhibit. After the history museum, we went to dinner at Fitz's. We found a great parking spot for the balloon race. We set out among the huge crowd of people. It was neat watching all the balloons get set up! We had a great time. Unfortunately, it took us 1 and 1/2 hours to even get out of Forest Park. But we did make it home!! We will definitely be putting this on our calendar next year!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This looks like it was great event! Forest Park is almost always fun at night. I bet the museum exhibit was mad cool! I miss you guys and thanks for the pics - Charlotte looks terrific!
I share your enthusiasm for balloon glows. We had them at the sky-diving drop zone in DeLand for years. Even Granny Jarvis got to attend one, and she seemed fascinated by the event. I think ours kicked off the ballooning season before somewhere else won the honor.
Our event looks wonderful.
Post a Comment