Saturday, September 25, 2010

BYU or Bust

The last week of August, Mom and I were able to drive Andrew out to BYU.  It was a great experience.  I loved driving with them.   I haven't driven out west since we took Catherine to BYU-Idaho her freshman year.  Since she just graduated from St. Louis University with her masters, I say it's been awhile.  We made a short detour to visit David, Ayanna, and Shaia in Kansas City.  The weather was beautiful all along the way.  We took a great scenic drive through Colorado and Utah.  We stayed the night in a town outside of Denver and stopped for lunch the next day in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, which was the town where my parents stayed on their honeymoon.  We also passed the motel where they stayed some 36 years ago.  It is not a motel anymore but the name is still the same-- Dream Island.   We made it to Provo, moved Andrew into his apartment, and met his roommate/former missionary companion Ryan. We made a couple of stops at Wal-Mart and Target, ate dinner with our good friends Jack and Marie Murphy, went to Seven Peaks with Andrew and his roommate, and made a late night stop at the BYU Creamery.  Overall it was a great trip!  Enjoy some of our pictures from the 20 hour drive!
Driving through Colorado.


Dream Island Motel

                                        
Ryan and Andrew

Dinner with the Murphys!
August 21-25, 2010

No comments: