Saturday, January 15, 2011

Christmas Traditions

We went and got our Christmas tree at Pea Ridge Christmas Tree Farm as we have ever since I can remember. We got a great tree. It was much bigger then we've ever gotten, which is saying a lot because our family likes big trees. It took quite a bit of trimming, but we got it standing. I love decorating the tree and just sitting and watching the lights. It is always a sad day when we have to take it down. 
   
Dad and John chopping down the tree.
 



December 3, 2010


Another fun tradition is the old time Christmas Traditions in St Charles.  It's always fun to go and see all the decorations and the actors who are dressed up as different Santa's and people from around the world. My choir was able to be a part of the festivities on one of the days. We were also able to participate in the Las Posadas which was a really neat event that we, as a family, had never been able to attend. But I think from now on we will try to attend every year.
My choir singing on the steps of a house in old St Charles. (For a more detailed description of the Las Posadas see the link above.)
December 4, 2010
We attended the Bach Society's Christmas Candlelight Concert at Powell Hall for the first time this year. Jacob, Lexy, Catherine, and John also came with us. It was a really neat event.
December 21, 2010
Another new thing we did this year was starting this puzzle of Times Square.  Nanitzi, Lexy, Catherine and I had a fun time putting this together. We finished it such a short time that I started another one.
This one took quite a bit longer but it was still fun.
Joseph enjoyed helping me put together our gingerbread house. His favorite part was eating the gingerbread people once we were finished. :)
December 27, 2010


But out of all these different traditions, I think that one of my favorites is just spending time with family.
Christmas Eve- Grandma and Grandpa with some of the grandkids
We even got to see and talk to Joanna, Ryan, Ellie, and Carter through Skype! I can't say it enough. I love technology!
(Favorite picture of Thomas so far.)
Grandpa with Abigail.
Andrew and Thomas
David, Ayanna, and Shaia came into town on the 29th. We can't believe how fast Shaia is growing. (And just between you and me, she took her first steps walking to her Aunt Hannah. :))
Grandpa and Abigail at the City Museum. December 30, 2010

No comments: